From: <RWolf99@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Brakes
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:12:55 -0500
To: <lml>
The CEO of Matco told me at Oshkosh that they have a "new" brake pad, as of a
couple of years ago.  They claim that test results show they have even more
stopping power (friction coefficient) than the Cleveland pads.  I bought a
new set of pads for my Lancair 360.  The deal is that whenever I send my old
pads in to them, they will install new pads for roughly $20 (they do the
labor) for life.  Not just once, but forever.  I felt that dropping the old
set in the mail and receiving them back with new pads installed for free was
a good deal.

My airplane is not flying yet.

I'm going to use my original Matco pads until they wear out, unless they
can't hold me still during the runup, in which case I'll swap in the new
pads.  Then, as they wear out I'll swap in the new set and send the old set
back to Matco for them to install new pads.  That way I'll always have a
spare set on hand.

- Rob Wolf
LNC2 50% IO-360