From: Skip Slater <skipslater@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] response to Jim Cameron
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:58:07 -0500
To: <lml>
In defense of Jim's comments about build times, I completely concur with him
that there's NO WAY you can build an ES in 1,000 hours, even without body
work.  This is right up there with the claim that you can build a Legacy in
700 hours or a IV-P in 100 ten hour days.  The figures are laughable and
grossly misleading to an unsuspecting kit buyer.
   As Lance once told me, those figures are based upon many suppositions,
like
1. You do the builder's workshop and buy all fastbuild options
1. Someone else does the panel and wiring
2. Someone else does the body work, paint and interior
3. Someone else does ALL of the engine amd prop installation
-AND-
4. That you know what you're doing and don't spend any time on a learning
curve or correcting mistakes.
   These are pretty broad assumptions and I don't think they're being made
clear to prospective customers.

Skip Slater