From: Gary Melton <n320g@hotmail.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Better brakes fo ES
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:58:30 -0500
To: <lml>

Dan wondered?

> > I have the original Matco brake pads.  Should I change the pads to
> > Cleveland pads now or
> > wait until the Matco pads are worn out?  What is the observed
>> Dan

> Larry Henney reported:
> Just to let you know there are a few devils advocates on the list I've
> got 314 hours on my 360 Matco breaks.  As yet I've not changed the pads.
> I will however probably go to Clevelands during my next annual when they
> need changing.  My personal opinion is that riding breaks causes glazing
> and premature failure. Perhaps this is part of the bad rap that Matco
> constantly receives.
>
> Use'm for a while.  They've got a little service life.

I agree with Larry's advice. My results have been very similar to Larry's, I
always roll out if I have the choice.  However at 300 hours I replaced the
pads with Clevelands and found that the braking was improved.  I made the
mistake of ordering from AS&S, the rivets were too short so I had to
scrounge around for the longer rivets.  If you order from Lancair they
provide the proper rivets.

Gary Melton
N320GG  LNC2  300+  hours