From: Bill & Sue <harrelson@erols.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Experimental Identification
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:01:41 -0500
To: <lml>
Unless it is stated elsewhere in the FARs, FAR 91.319-d3 clearly states that we only have to identify ourselves as 'experimental' to the control tower.  This excludes approach/departure control, center, etc.  Is this a correct assesment?

Hi Rick,

I think that you're pretty much correct with the possible exception that "approach control" is technically part of the "tower". Any controllers in our midst to give a definitive answer?

Bill
N5ZQ  LNC2  O-320  VA42  Fredericksburg, VA