From: Metcalfe, Lee, AIR <Lee.Metcalfe@jocoks.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Maps? Charts? Boats? Ships?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:20:30 -0500
To: <lml>
Message
Hey Larry!  The Squids used to really get their skivvies in a knot when us Marines referred to their floating airport as the BGB (big grey boat!).  We used to call all the boat parts by their land names just to irritate the Squids (i.e. door instead of hatch, stairs instead of ladder, wall instead of bulkhead, etc.).  The yellow shirts didn't seem to appreciate being called "deck apes" either.  My dad, who flew with Pappy briefly, used to say the only reason the Navy existed was to take the Marines to the war!

(Sorry Marv... not Lancair related, but couldn't resist a little inter-service 1 v 1!)

Lee "Moondog" Metcalfe, Capt. USMC 1970-1977  F-4 driver
N320WH - FB#449 - IO-320 - 470 hrs. - still waiting for my replacement prop!