From: Capt D <captd1@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: Navaid Autopilot (afterthought)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:37:14 -0500
To: <lml>
>There is no way for the Navaid to produce an elevator transient (it has no
>coupling to the pitch control) but (and this may be what was being referred
>to in the earlier post) it’s likely (very) to produce an aileron twitch
>every time the mike button is depressed.

>Dan Schaefer

Forgive my correction, but to say the Navaid has no coupling to the pitch control is the same as saying your control stick has no coupling to pitch. Especially since that is where the servo is usually connnected, any deflection of the attachment arm will result in pitch input. The only way to have NO connection to pitch is to mount it directly to the aeileron control rod, and I believe there is no room to do that anywhere.

D. Story