From: Dan Schaefer <dfs155@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Low End Autopilots
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:08:36 -0500
To: <lml>
Been using the Navaid Autopilot since first flight (late '93) and have no
complaints. Haven't had to have any repairs either.

I use it on almost every cross-country - keeps the horizon where it should
be when I'm checking a chart. Of course, one must get the pitch trim set up
and settled down before doing so to keep altitude excursions to a minimum
but that's a relatively minor problem. The Navaid works as a wing leveler
only or will (when provided the signal) track a VOR or the GPS course
output. I've tested it's ability to track a localizer (in VFR conditions -
just in case) and it does that quite well too.

Works for me.

Dan Schaefer
LNC2 (early 235)