From: Dan Schaefer <dfs155@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Navaid Autopilot (afterthought)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:08:35 -0500
To: <lml>
Regarding my last post about the Navaid Autopilot, I forgot to add
something. (Memory’s the second thing to go and I can’t remember what the
first thing is).

There is no way for the Navaid to produce an elevator transient (it has no
coupling to the pitch control) but (and this may be what was being referred
to in the earlier post) it’s likely (very) to produce an aileron twitch
every time the mike button is depressed. It’s unsettling if you don’t know
it’s going to occur though and it’s easy to stop.

An input is provided on the controller that is connected, via a diode, to
the mike button (which usually grounds the comm. Input for transmit).
Grounding the circuit to the Navaid controller during transmit freezes the
servo, while the button is depressed, and eliminates the twitch.

Dan Schaefer