From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] EM2 solder joints
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 11:54:52 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
That is one fancy display.
I think you could replace it with an 20x4 LCD display. Suspect it would be a direct drop-in with the 15 pin connector. Yes, you'd have to figure out the backlight (A and K pins) and maybe contrast.

But first check for +5V (you could do that with the display unplugged and plugged in).
If the 5V regulator is bad or +5V is shorted to ground then anything else is pointless.

Next thing I would try is re-seat the CPU chip.

Finn