From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Starter Question
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 17:21:59 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 10:27 AM DOUGLAS LOMHEIM dlomheim@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
I returned the starter to the original hole and energized it; and while tapping the starter gear back into its housing, I noticed that action moved the flywheel slightly.  I therefore hit the starter again but this time moved the psru hub in the direction of rotation, and low and behold if the starter gear didn’t easily retract in its’ own…

Time to mount the exhaust manifold, finish connecting and grounding unused EM2 wires, hooking up the fuel pump and seeing if it will start…

Sent from my iPhone

If you had the engine apart (meaning, had the drive off the engine), did you go through Tracy's drive alignment process of removing the spark plugs and rotating the engine/drive assy by hand to feel for binding? Those instructions were for my Renesis & 2.85-1 drive. That might move the starter closer to the ring gear (or further away...).

Charlie