From: Les C lesphoto@hotmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Resurrecting my project
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:19:51 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hey Mark, welcome back.

I bought a 20b from Bob Harrah and plan on using it with the Megasquirt system.  I've been using a Microsquirt (same tech/company-small footprint) on my V8 jeep for the last 11 years.  Easy to program and an abundance of help.  These have been used on automotive based rotary engines for a while. I'm going to use the MS3 Pro inmy project.   When paired with a tablet, you have a fully programmable unit with a customizable ECU/EIS. More inputs and outputs than almost any other product and great data recording capabilities.

There are many other ECU choices, but some aren't as robust, and don't have an open-source architecture.

I'm working on my airframe right now, but can't wait to get started on the engine program.

Les Criscillo
Nurse, Pilot, Brewmaster, Maker