From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Spare 2.17 drive, anyone?
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 11:27:27 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thanks Finn; forwarded your message.

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 9:20 AM Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
I'm not using the RWS 6-pinion prototype 2.17:1 that I flew in my crashed RV-3.
When I took it apart to use the mount plate for my RV-4, the thrust bearing rollers were laying loose and the cage apparently melted.
It would need to be taken completely apart to check for run-out, gear damage etc. from the prop strike.

Possibly rebuildable and useable. But there's probably better deals out there.

I do have an old 2.27:1 Ross drive with some 300 hours on it.

Finn