From: David COOK hoursaway1@comcast.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Leaking oil pan gasket.
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 19:02:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: Fly rotary blog, e-mail <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Ok, I got a simple one. The 13B eng. oil pan mounts to the anodized alum. plate that mounts to the eng. block. I kept getting minor little oil leaks in multiple diff. locations  (cleaning and sealing from the outside to correct).  Started to look like a mess. Sealant used was Permatex Ultra Gray Silicone Sealer, originally for assem.  Am now about to assem. a fresh 13B and am looking for a better way (no leaks). I do not want to cut a groove in alum. mount plate. How about take a tip from Lycoming guys and insert a silk thread around sealing areas ?