From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] PSRU thrust bearing/washer
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 14:16:03 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Too little or too much end play?

Tracy specifies 0.005 to 0.035"

Note that if you check it without RTV, it may increase when you assemble it.

Finn

On 4/28/2021 1:05 PM, Matt Boiteau mattboiteau@gmail.com wrote:
I have one of Neil's 3.17 psru with Tracey's cushion drive. *I also sent Neil an email but it's late in the night in Australia.

After my fly off hours, tearing down the plane to inspect everything. The Ultra-Low-Friction Oil-Embedded Thrust Bearing is broken into pieces.
https://wwwmcmaster.com/7421K28/

The nylon or teflon washer supplied just melted. I thought I nailed it with a fix using the oil-embedded, but I guess not.

I think in Tracey's documentation, he called it a snubber ? Any ideas what I can use, or why this happens?
- Matt Boiteau

--
Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
Archive and UnSub:   http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/flyrotary/List.html