From: Le Roux Breytenbach breytenbachleroux@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Ross Redrive Dimensions
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 17:00:08 +0200
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Steve : The ring gear has 74 teeth and the sun gear, on the input shaft, has 34 teeth. 74/34 = 2.176 ratio

The ratio of 2.176 stays the same with a 6 planetary although the planet set is much stronger and has a steel housing that holds the planets.
The 4-pin planetary which the redrives was manufactured earlier days has an aluminium body.
This is the set/up where the planetary is held stationary and the ring gear is the output

There is now a new version 6 planetary that fits in the 12 lug slots which has a steel casing
Le Roux.

Sent from my iPhone
Le Roux Breytenbach

> On 18 Mar 2021, at 15:57, Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Le Roux

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 3:57 PM Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
Hi Le Roux
What ration is the 6 pin you hoping to drop in?

Steve Izett