From: Jeff Whaley jwhaley@datacast.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Spark Plug SAG and Electrical Interference
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 19:51:11 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thanks guys - both valid points - I will indeed try the "faulty or noisy" plugs again.
Jeff

Case in point:  I spent most of last winter trying to get my Corvair engine to start.  It would occasionally try, but just would not run.  I finally pushed on the wire between the coil and distributor, and felt a click.  The wire boot was holding the wire on the post, but there was enough of a gap to break the connection.  Once I 'clicked' it into place, the thing spun right up.

You may have just had a loose plug wire.