From: Neil Unger <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: water pump and alt speeds
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:16:54 +1000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Gents,

                   I am getting belt slip over 6500 engine revs and suspect that the water pump and alt speeds are too fast and taking too much power to drive.  I will measure all pulleys tomorrow, but just need some speeds to work towards.  I have been told that an alternator can happily run between 3000 and say 8-10,000 even up to 30,000, but the higher speed will chew 15 HP and achieve nothing in extra charge especially when I only have to run avionics and charge the battery.    Water pump has a speed whatever that is over which it just cavitates and does nothing. What is that speed for the RX8??  Neil.