From: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: bearing in mazda g/box
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 02:25:06 +0000 (UTC)
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
That would be called a Torrington bearing, widely used in automatic transmissions, very tough but loves to be lubed, & yes the races are not held they are free floating. All the Japan made trans use many T-bearings, the have an unusual design for there auto trans based on manual trans concept of many large helical gears & added clutch packs to transfer torque where wanted also reverse uses a manual trans type syncro gear. Not bad stuff but difficult to work on.  David R. Cook RV6A Rotary tomorrow will test Auto tune with new eng. monitor, install complete.