From: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Making noise again.
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:39:36 -0400
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
160 and 160 degrees would be ideal. 180 water and 160 oil if you must. Anything over 160 oil is costing HP.
Synthetic motor oils are easier to cool than conventional oils. Synthetic racing oils have much reduced drag and foam less. This helps maintain oil pressure.  Oil temperature tracks throttle setting. If you can afford the power reduction the oil temps will come down a bit.

Lynn E. Hanover