From: Charlie England <ceengland@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Too rich, no start
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:03:07 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
WALTER B KERR wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:03:30 -0400 "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com <mailto:eanderson@carolina.rr.com>> writes:

    Bernie,
         My fuel system will sometimes hold the fuel pressure for several
    days.  But, it will always hold the pressure for 30 minutes or
    more after turning off the fuel pumps and injectors.  So it sure
    seems something is continuing to let the fuel into the chamber
    after you have turned things off.          Try this.  Place your injectors OFF, turn power to your EC2 OFF.     Turn on your fuel pumps and monitor your fuel pressure.  Once it
    stabilizes at around 40 psi.  Turn off your pumps.  Note how long
    (quick) it takes the fuel pressure to decay.  If it does it in
    less than 5 minutes you have a leak.          ===========================================================
    Yea Ed that's what I recall that my  pressures stayed up for
    hours. Can't turn the EC2 off and run the pumps. My EM2 and EC2
    both power up with engine master. I could turn the engine master
    off , run pump, then turn EM2 and EC2 on to see if the pressure
    held. This probably does not meet the criteria. What I'm thinking
    is that the EC2 is holding the injectors open any time it is on,
    but that is a WAG!
         Bernie

Will the controller allow the pumps to run with the injector wires unplugged from the injectors? If so, unplug all 4 at the injectors, run the pumps & do Ed's leakdown test. If it leaks down, either the injectors are stuck or you have a leak somewhere (could simply be the checkvalve in the pump not holding pressure; in that case you haven't really learned anything about your starting problem).

If it holds pressure, the injectors are being turned on by either the controller or a short to ground in the injector switch line. This assumes the injectors normally have power applied to them & are triggered by switching the ground side injector wire.

Charlie