From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Ross Gear box Troubles
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:20:32 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>:

Hi Ron,
     Well, looks like I got better than average at 256 hours on the gear box.
Be interesting to see what you think of the Marcotte box once you have flown
with it.
Do you plan on making Sun & Fun with your rotary Ez?

Ed

Ed,  it seems like things fall apart around 100 hours.
   My Ross 2.17-1 fell apart twice in 200 hours.  The
problem I had was with the small gears and the alumium
housing that the small gears are attached to.  I am
currently working with Guy Marcotte.  Hope to have the
rotary Long EZ back in the air by this fall.   Good
luck    Ron