From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: [FlyRotary]Enlarging Trailing spark plug holes
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:15:53 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Martin" <wankel@telia.com>:

I can understand the possible blow-by issue on the trailing
plug, but what is the mechanism on the leading plug?  Seems
blow-by could occur there also.

Thats correct.
There is a blowby on the leading  plug hole to, but at that state the
pressure diference betwen the two cambers are almost zero.
And the flame front is no longer spreding out, almost all air/gas mixture is
at this state burnt.
So there are not the same problem as whit the trailing plug hole.

And, regarding to Tracy´s experience:
The small hole on the trailing plug hole isn't a problem in the first place.
In the small area around the trailing (and leading) plug the will be a
pocket of air/fuel mixture. When ignited, the flame is going out thru the
hole in the rotor housing igniting the rest of the gas in the rotor recess.
So the gases in the recess isn't ignited by the plug itself, but from the
flame as a reaction in the spark plug hole.

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing, but my English inst the best. Hopefully
someone understands and can translate....:-)

Regards
/Martin SE-FSG