From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Cruise info
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 23:25:42 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
But the question is, what would that Glasair II do with other props?  My
friend Felix has a Glasair with an O - 320 (160 HP, 40 LESS than the IO -
360) and a fixed wood prop and can go 245 at SL.    The Glasair is a fast
plane to begin with so we need comparative data to make a judgement on prop
performance.

I do plan to revisit my IVO prop again when I try some blade root fairings.
I think David Atkins re-profiled the blade leading edge, not the root.

Tracy Crook
tcrook@rotaryaviation.com
www.rotaryaviation.com

> Perhaps you weren't subscribed at the time, but I reported on a Glasair II
> awhile back that uses the IVO Magnum (66" 3-blade) on an IO360
installation...
> he gets 245mph at full throttle 500 feet off the deck impressing the
natives
> in Sanibel, FL.  That is a factory stock prop, BTW.  The Magnum has had a
much
> different shape at the root than the rest of their line for several years
now.
>  FWIW.
>
>           <Marv>

> of the blades?  I'd love to have one of those, but I've never been
convinced
> that you can buy one off the shelf and have it perform well at high
speeds.
> It's been a while since I talked to IVO, or researched the subject, so
> perhaps they've changed the shape in the past year or so.  Anyone know?
<<<