From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Cruise info
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 23:16:28 -0500
To: <flyrotary>

Perhaps you weren't subscribed at the time, but I reported on a Glasair II
awhile back that uses the IVO Magnum (66" 3-blade) on an IO360
installation...
he gets 245mph at full throttle 500 feet off the deck impressing the natives

in Sanibel, FL.  That is a factory stock prop, BTW.  The Magnum has had a
much
different shape at the root than the rest of their line for several years
now.
----------------

I read that in the archives, but it's still only one prop, to about 6 that
don't seem to work well.  If I'm not mistaken, the prop that Tracy tested
was also a Magnum, and it was draggy at high speeds.  I've also read of a
few canard types that seem to work well with the IVO, but I suspect they're
hiding a good portion of the root of their blades behind the fuselage.

I'll have to make a decision on a prop before too long, and I'll be looking
hard again. My intention is to get at least a ground adjustable, since I
don't know what RPM I really want to run at yet.

Cheers,

Rusty
13B powered RV-3 (experimental aircraft)...Be Afraid :-)
1993 RX-7 R1... Mods underway, tickets to follow