From: Rick Girard <fly.ez@verizon.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Enlarging trailing plug holes
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:00:24 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Folks,  Thanks for the replies to my question Lynn, Tracy and Martin.  I believe
I understand your objections to this modification,  that hot gas will escape from
the combustion to the intake chamber and cause the intake charge to ignite much
too early,  Lynn estimated this to be as much 100 degrees before top dead center
(I assume this term is just as applicable to a rotary as a piston engine).

Keeping in mind that I have only one data point with rotaries that I can expound
upon from experience (see next paragraph), can someone direct me to anyone who
has performed this modification and run it?  I've looked all over the auto rotary
sites and got no replies based upon experience.  I don't have the knowledge to
judge the accuracy of the opinions given, although I can certainly understand the
logic.

Rick's one data point:
The "el cheap" motor stand from Harbor Freight Tools fits a 13B rotary with an
auto TX flex plate.  The standoffs on the arms of the stand fit right over the
two locators on the flywheel mounting surface and give about a half inch
clearance to the flex plate.  I snugged the arms up lightly as I put the four
mounting bolts (10-1.75 X 75mm.  The one going in the bottom right blind hole
must be shortened 12 to 15mm or it bottoms out short of tight), then loosed and
retightened them one at a time after the engine bolts were tight.  Total price
was about $50 after buying the stand on sale and picking up the metric bolts at
the local hardware store.  Great for rolling the new "Art" around the living
room.

Rick Girard
--(Contact)--
Address