From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Engine Mounts
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:58:51 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "sqpilot@earthlink" <sqpilot@earthlink.net>:

Hi, Scott....I looked at both type of mounts before ordering mine from
Conversion Concepts.  Paul Lamar likes Jerry Hey's mount. Tracy Crook likes
Fred's (Conversion Concepts) mounts.  The major difference that appealed to
me, was that with the plate mount, you can remove and work on or replace
your PSRU easily. Since Jerry Hey's mount is attached to the PSRU, I am of
the opinion that it would be more difficult. I could be wrong.
        I was really impressed at the quality and workmanship from Conversion
Concepts. I gave him my mounting points, thrust line, and firewall to prop
flange dimensions, and just like magic, a motor mount arrived that fit my
firewall hard points perfectly. I haven't seen an actual motor mount from
Jerry Hey (only pictures), so I can't comment on the quality of Jerry's
mounts, but I am told he is a good welder. I guess it is a matter of
preference?  Hope this helps.  Paul Conner, Mobile, AL

Is there a major benefit to taking one mounting
approach over another?