From: DOUGLAS LOMHEIM dlomheim@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Oil pump wouldn’t prime cause
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:45:16 -0500
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I removed my ‘86 13B from the mount (took two hrs.) and when pulling the pan off, found pieces of a cotter key; so knew I’d screwed something up!  Pulled the “front” cover and found the oil pump shaft but the nut was loose, and I’d never bent the locking tab over one flat in the nut.  When I spun it up with the starter it immediately tore up and spit out the cotter key, which dropped into the pan.  Will do a better job of quality checking my work as it goes back together!

Thanks Dave Leonard for letting me know it should easily prime the oil pump if all was installed correctly the first time.

Doug

Image
IMG_7743.jpg

Sent from my iPhone