From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] "Ernest Kerr" FWF in Contact Magazine Article
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:18:49 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Indeed. I thought of Bernie.

No, I work excruciatingly slowly and intermittently among other projects (car, truck, house renovation, septic, zero-turn mower...)

On the RV-4 I've kept jumping from one thing to another.

Prop balancing. Cooling. Electrical.

Mainly trying to improve cooling for taxiing and take-off. Other than that not really an issue. I can easily climb to pattern altitude before pulling back on power.

Many months ago I started seeing O2 sensor "noise" -- spikes to full lean -- in my engine logs.

Then other electrical glitches, leading to battery and alternator replacement without definite resolution.
Looks like the power switch to EC3 and O2 sensor board is intermittently going bad. Arrived in the mail but not installed yet.

Also have an intake leak so can't get RPMs below 2,100 when warm (unless I lean mixture a LOT). So next step is to take intake manifold off (inspect exhaust in the process), weld on an additional bung for a second O2 sensor. Replace engine master switch, add run relay to O2 sensor board, add steering vanes to left radiator, oh yeah, time for an oil change...

Still need to finish fiberglass work and do vinyl  wrap.

Finn

On 1/15/2024 10:41 AM, Doug Lomheim rv9flyer13b@gmail.com wrote:
Finn:

I think you’re confusing “Bernie Kerr” from our list here who installed a 13B on his 9A, vs. “Ernest Kerr” who in the article in CONTACT, was developing a FWF package…

Are you now flying your “4” regularly, and have it “tweaked” so you can simply turn the key (like a car), and go fly it?    :)

Take care,

Doug

From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: CONTACT! Magazing Issue 87 Mazda Rotary Special by Editor, Patrick Panzera - Issuu
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:57:49 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Don't remember if he ever got it flying. I do remember his wife convinced to put a Lycoming in it :(

Using bike tubes as molds for fiberglass-wrapped intake runners was something that stuck in my mind way back then.

Finn

On 1/12/2024 7:13 AM, Doug Lomheim rv9flyer13b@gmail.com wrote:
Ernest Kerr