From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] "Ernest Kerr" FWF in Contact Magazine Article
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:34:51 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Bernie did use the inner tube trick to make his manifold runners. I'm pretty sure he flew the -9A with the rotary, because I remember him doing an in-flight failed alternator/battery-only duration test out to around 35-40 minutes before bringing the alternator back online. I thought the -9A went to one of our flyrotary members in South Carolina once he realized that his daughter wouldn't let her kids fly with him in it. Memory of the final destination of that plane is fuzzy, though.

I also can't remember if he sold the Lyc powered -6A (he flew that one to Alaska & back) when he started building the -9A.

Charlie

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 9:42 AM Doug Lomheim rv9flyer13b@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
Finn:

I think you’re confusing “Bernie Kerr” from our list here who installed a 13B on his 9A, vs. “Ernest Kerr” who in the article in CONTACT, was developing a FWF package…

Are you now flying your “4” regularly, and have it “tweaked” so you can simply turn the key (like a car), and go fly it?    :)

Take care,

Doug

From:Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject:Re: [FlyRotary] Re: CONTACT! Magazing Issue 87 Mazda Rotary Special by Editor, Patrick Panzera - Issuu
Date:Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:57:49 -0500
To:Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Don't remember if he ever got it flying. I do remember his wife convinced to put a Lycoming in it :(

Using bike tubes as molds for fiberglass-wrapped intake runners was something that stuck in my mind way back then.

Finn

On 1/12/2024 7:13 AM, Doug Lomheim rv9flyer13b@gmail.com wrote:
Ernest Kerr