From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] CONTACT! Magazing Issue 87 Mazda Rotary Special by Editor, Patrick Panzera - Issuu
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 12:30:22 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Yes, very interesting!

I wish I had (re)read Ed's article before I made my RV-4 radiator ducts. Specifically the point about pinching down the duct near entrance to improve airflow attachment in a short duct.

I have now resigned to using steering vanes. Even so, I'm still seeing highest pressure in the center of the radiator. I only have five pressure sensors, one in each corner (1" from corner) and one in the center. Adding the # vanes to the right rad dropped its coolant return temp 5 to 10 degrees relative to the left rad's. Next step is to add vanes to the left rad.

Pressure sensors are expensive. I may change approach to instead put nine temp sensors behind the rad to measure even air distribution.

Finn

On 1/11/2024 11:24 AM, Le Roux Breytenbach breytenbachleroux@gmail.com wrote:
Interesting old articles

https://issuu.com/contact.magazine/docs/contact_magazine_issue_87_rotary_is