From: David Leonard wdleonard@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Throttle idle positioning
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 08:22:17 -0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I agree with Charlie, I also made a custom plate.

Dave Leonard

On Tue, Jan 2, 2024, 5:08 PM Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 1, 2024 at 10:34 PM DOUGLAS LOMHEIM dlomheim@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
I’m tweaking my throttle plate, and wondered if this looks about right to enable it to idle correctly?  My push-pull doesn’t have enough total throw to allow it to go any lower without having it not fully open.  I would imagine I might need it to close down a bit and simply accept any “pumping loss”, due to it not being “wide open”?  Thx for your feedback!
Doug

The pic is too small to see any detail, but the standard fix for inadequate travel is to shorten the arm that rotates the butterfly. I mod'd my throttle arm by riveting a plate to it, which allowed adjusting both the arm length and the 'clocking' of the arm.

FWIW...