From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Filters in cooling system
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 20:30:01 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Haven't really flushed mine other than when doing flow measurements. Just well water.

30% glycol and distilled water.

My RV-3B uses Evans. However, once I get around to removing the electric water pump, I'll probably flush it and use 30 to 50% glycol and install a pressure sender.

Finn

On 11/26/2023 6:24 PM, Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks Finn

I meant to ask what people use for flushing the water jacket and what coolant are you using?

Steve

On 27 Nov 2023, at 2:48 am, Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:

No. And wouldn't recommend it. Better to have a partial clogged radiator than a clogged filter and stopped coolant flow.

Suggest yearly back-washing of the radiator and engine. Which you could probably stop doing on a yearly basis when no more crud shows up.

Finn

On 11/26/2023 6:54 AM, Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com wrote:
Hi people

Has anyone ever had problems with radiator blockage from junk coming out of the rotary’s cooling jacket?
And if so has anyone ever used a filter in the water leaving the engine?

Thanks

Steve Izett
Renesis 4 Port

--