From: eanderson@carolina.rr.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Ed's spreadsheet
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 16:26:46 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
One last thought about the spreadsheet.  Like any real world model contraption, the actual correlation to the real world by the model seldom ever takes everthing into account.  You really want to try and capture the crucial elements - the trouble is the crucial element may change from one factor to another depending on the real world situation and how accurately the model works in that situation.

Additionally, just finding values for those crucial factors is seldom easy.  The acid test in my opinion, is to plug your values into the model and see how close/bad it matches what you are actually seeing in the real world.  If adjusting parameters in the model seem to track with actual results then model is probably OK, otherwise probably not.

Ed