From: Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Water direction
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 16:10:39 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Neil.

Two thoughts I imagine that might create issues:
1. Energy transfer down due to delta T being lower, increasing the danger of nucleate boiling near the plugs
2. Creating a higher differential between the hot and cold sides of the engine producing increased expansion differences across the engine.

Question: Do impeller pumps that we use suck and push equally well? My guess is that they don’t.
If this doesn’t matter would it help with the physical layout to suck the water through rather than push it through?

Cheers

Steve Izett