From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Nikasil vs Chrome
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 12:20:11 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
The 'gotcha' is that it wasn't Mazda that developed it; according to the article, it was a German company for some German brands of rotaries.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahle_GmbH

On 8/8/2020 11:25 AM, Ernest Christley echristley@att.net wrote:
That is the nitrate, Marc.  This Wikipedia article says that nikasil was developed specifically to address Apex seals.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 11:19, Marc Wiese cardmarc@charter.net
The side plates (iron) have some kind of treatment that penetrates them shallowly. At one time shops still were able to retreat the ground ones- it was a gas of some sort mixed with ammonia?

Sent from my iPad