From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Need a bootleg Garmin setup config program! Garmin GTX345R config program-"GTX 3X5 Install Tool".
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 17:26:11 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 4:55 PM Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 4:08 PM Marc Wiese cardmarc@charter.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:

I’ve an issue that begs solving involving the need to use a Garmin set up program for the GTX345R (for Remote) transponder. I should have just gotten the 345 panel mount (since you can config it from the display!) and just remote mounted it, but there you go. Since I install and maintain all my own stuff, I’m not finding anyone who will part with this software item without difficulty. It is called the “GTX 3X5 Install Tool”.

Anybody have access to it and can send it along?

Marc

What does Garmin say? If I couldn't get the ability to set up the device *with the purchase*, I'd consider it a defective product and get a refund. Of course, I try to avoid the G word if at all possible, just on general (and specific) principles.

Charlie
oops; meant to include this:
 Garmin G3X Support
g3xpert@garmin.com
1-866-854-8433 - 7 to 7 Central Time M to F
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.

This is a guy on G's staff that works with experimental stuff; you might have some luck with him. Info pulled from his signature on the VAF forum.

Charlie