From: William Jepson wrjjrs@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Testing best rpm power setting
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 13:55:26 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
David,
Tend to agree with the tip speed comment, unless the reduction drive is going to be too large or too heavy. 2.6 : 1 fits pretty well and a prop of 72" loa works pretty well also. Of course the turbo or supercharger throws a wrench into everything. If your engine can take it you can size the TC or SC to work with your tip speed. If it is overspeeding or stalling (cavitating) just add a few blades! The rotary is tough, and with the ceramic seals you can dial-your-hp.
Bill