From: Bobby J. Hughes bhughes@qnsi.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Testing best rpm power setting
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 10:24:09 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Steve,

At one time Tracy’s started cutting ignition ( I think) at 7500 rpm. If I forgot to switch the prop controller to automatic I could easily exceed 7500 pm. Did it at Charlie’s a couple of years back and scarred the pilot and his neighbors. I quickly realized the problem and switch the prop to auto and it took a few seconds to correct. I limit max rpm to 2400 prop.

Bobby