From: Mark Steitle <msteitle@mail.utexas.edu>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: EGT/CHT wiring
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:36:55 -0500
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Tracy,
Thanks for the clarification.  I plan on making my own CHT thermocouples by tig welding one end of J-type thermocouple wire and inserting into a 1/8" hole in the rotor housing.  What method would you suggest to keep the sensing end from shorting once inserted into the rotor housing?  Would 1/16" shrink tubing work?

Mark S.

  At 09:57 AM 3/17/2004 -0500, you wrote:
The EM2 will work with either grounded or ungrounded CHT (J type)  and EGT (K type)  thermocouples.  BUT!  They must be one or the other, not "maybe" grounded.  If ungrounded, you need to follow the instructions in the installation guide about grounding the red TC lead at the connector to one of the spare ground terminals.  Then make sure the sensing end does not short to ground.

Most CHT & EGT sensors are grounded type (TC welded or clamped to grounded part of the sensor).

Tracy Crook