From: Le Roux Breytenbach breytenbachleroux@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Intake Plenum 13 B
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 05:46:22 +0200
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Erik: Building a Vision Ex the fuselage is so to speak finnished.The ex version has a longer wingspan and more surface area on the rudder and elevator.The longer wingspan compensates for "extra weight" so to speak.
It is a plans build project with many building hours but at least i can build, at my own budget and time.
Planning to start building the wingspar still this summer season , nice hot and dry weather in ZA

Helped a friend on a  BD4C project for 3 years and finished the project in 2012.
It was the first project flying and completed in ZA of the BD 4 C version.
Very fast aircraft ( taildragger) and is a high time plane that controls excellent in flight.But be warned difficult to land (taildragger version) It will bite any pilot if there is a lack of concentration on landing!
We won the President's Trophy Airrace with it in 2014 and finnished 7 th this year.
It has a lycoming IO 390 in it (210 hp) think that a renesis will do good as the BD have lots of space firewall forward.
Will post some photos to you in person, don't know if the group is the right place for it las i don't know the rules

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Le Roux Breytenbach