From: Le Roux Breytenbach breytenbachleroux@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Intake Plenum 13 B
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 08:16:55 +0200
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Erik :The plugs up version suites me better as there is for me more advantages than disadvantages.

If the intake manifold stands upright, then the throttle body is just in the right place, for the intake duct of the cowling and to make use of the ram air effect and simplicity of placing the air filter.

The hot exhaust exit, is in the middle under the engine, and with no complex bends that must passes the engine mount spaceframe. The exhaust exits the cowling on the same way than any other aircraft engine like lycoming or continental.

The oil cooler sits under the psru as in the normal version , and the air passes through the oil cooler, helps with the removing of the radiant heat of the exhaust as it is in the middle right behind the oil cooler.

The radiator can be side mount co-pilot side as there is enough space due to the side sump.

The gravity feed of oil that flows back to the side sump is in any way the same as in a normal version.

I think that I don`t have to “invent the wheel” as it was been done before by a genius builder.

As Lynn E Hanover always says and I quote: I could be wrong!

Le Roux Breytenbach