From: Jeff Whaley jwhaley@datacast.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Fuel System Design for High wing Aircraft
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 15:42:44 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Bobby, yes Ed used a small (1 qt) can attached to the engine-side of the firewall, to accept main fuel IN, return fuel and parallel outputs to his fuel pumps.  This system would work regardless of wing arrangement but I'm not too sure how it performed at keeping LOW fuel temperatures.

My high-wing has a 2 gallon header tank on the cabin-side of the firewall, so I Tee'd my fuel return into one of its two vent lines that connect back to the wing tanks.  This is a gravity-fed system until it passes through the firewall to the pumps ... the vent lines assist in draining the tanks evenly.
Jeff

What is the best method for handling return fuel in a high wing? Fuel return to a small header tank sized to keep fuel temperatures low? I think Ed Anderson may have used a small header in his RV6.

Asking for a friend with an airplane addiction.

Bobby