From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] radio tx problem
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:07:12 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Unique to controller A is the temperature input, I think.

Finn

On 1/10/2020 6:31 PM, Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com wrote:
Hi people

Ive had an opportunity yesterday to begin the journey of chasing down this miss in the engine / EC2 on radio TX.
I discovered that the gremlin is getting into the EC2’s A computer but not the B
Switching to B there is no hint of a problem.

I’m thinking there are two substantive differences between EC2 A & B processors/computers.
1. The B computer has the capacity to turn off the leading and trailing coils for testing, that the A computer doesn’t have.
2. The A computer measures the intake air temp to determine O2 molecules in intake charge which the B computer doesn’t.

So I’m wondering if the intake temp input (thermistor) on the EC2 A computer is the antenna for the RFI to get in.
Disconnecting this line to the the EC2 A computer in order to identify if this is the problem is going to be a pain but maybe a necessary fault finding path.

Has Tracy or anyone put a small Capacitor on inputs to filter RFI?

Thanks for any input you can offer.

Steve

--
Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/