From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Fwd: [FlyRotary] Re: Engine miss
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:06:02 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
The schematic of revision F of the B0 version of the EC2 shows 100nF capacitors on the output of the MAP sensors.
But it really doesn't make any sense to me. Those sensors are on the PC board of the EC inside a metal box. I assume that the EC metal box in your installation is very well grounded (tougher to do in a plastic airplane).

Much more likely that wires to temperature sensor or timing pickup (CAS) would act as antenna to pick up radio transmitter signals. The CAS inputs appears well filtered on the EC2 board. So does the TempV input. But note that only the A controller uses the temperature input. Another way for RF frequencies to get into the EC2 are the wires to the control panel: Mode selector switch (PGM 0,1,2,3), Program button (PGMwrin), mixture control, etc. A ferrite coil near the box around the wires to the control panel would probably not hurt. Power supply line should be well filtered too, but may also benefit from a ferrite coil.

On the attached schematic most inputs appear to be filtered (0.1uF capacitors). You'll have to look at your EC2  installation manual and see if any inputs that could bring in RF signals are unfiltered.

Finn