From: Jeff Whaley jwhaley@datacast.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Mufflers
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 18:13:38 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Not Tracy, but FWIW I have about 100 hrs on my 13B with an Aero Turbine 2525 muffler attached.  It is holding up well, is better than nothing but don't expect it to create a quiet exhaust; put it this way, I extended my exhaust pipe and Fish-tailed or whale-tailed if you like (with perforations) as it is compressed on the horizontal plane Vs the vertical to get further noise reduction.
Jeff

    IIRC, Tracy's been flying one on the 20B powered RV-8 for a number of years. That's what motivated me to purchase one, but it hasn't seen any exhaust gas yet.

    Charlie

  Charlie,,
      Any idea how many hours Tracy has on his AeroTurbine 2525.............?
--
Kelly Troyer
Dyke Delta_"Eventually"