From: Bobby J. Hughes bhughes@qnsi.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: EGT Probe location in stock manifold
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:20:01 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Finn,

You should be able to locate the EGT probe about 0.75-1" out for Rotor 2. Bottom or prop side of the tube. Match Rotor 1 location to rotor 2. Adjust mixture to keep EGT’s below 1650F. I target below 1600F but see 1650F if I’m not paying attention. Formula renesis race engines are running below 1600F with F/A in the 13’s. I have not been able to achieve EGT’s that low in the 13’s. I have to run richer at high power to keep EGT’s around 1600F.

Bobby