From: Andrew Martin andrew@martinag.com.au <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Electrical power
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 07:49:56 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I wont give schematics as mine grew into a mess as I built the plane and also needs cleaning up.
But as for power supply.
Main power is 80a alternator, modified to external B&C regulator.
Backup power is 40ah starting battery. Avionics buss has small agm battery connected through switch & diode to keep avionics alive during starting.
The alternator is quite heavy. But has much better bearings than lightweight alts.
The battery is bigger than I needed but is nice as will turn motor over fast for starting even if partially discharged, and I needed weight in tail so it may as well be useful weight.
Andrew