From: Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Electrical power
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 06:41:05 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Guys

I’m reviewing our electrical system and thought as its a critical system i should get the wisdom of what other decided as far as risk.
If people have circuit diagrams that would help.
I have an electronics background.

My key questions are around:

Battery/s (single/dual) If dual - how have you implemented?
Alternator (Capacity to control - Over Voltage etc.)
Switching (How you switch the electrons on/off - I recently had a Narva Ignition switch failure)
Failure modes and emergency response plans

Much appreciated.

Steve Izett
Glasair Super IIRG - In Phase #1 testing.
Perth Western Australia