From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Renesis oil pressure
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 10:35:39 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
28?

Anyway, thank you all for your replies. Sounds like a 150 psi sensor will be the safest.

I have no plans to tear down the supposedly brand new Renesis, so for now no modifications.

Thinking about a before cooler pressure sensor too. I suppose the only (easy) option is to drill and tap the oil metering pump supply hole (which I've already plugged)?

I would like to also have a before oil cooler temperature sensor. I guess I need to find a spot in the oil pan?

I suppose a 30 psi sensor is adequate for water pressure (assuming I don't go with Evans non-pressurized system)?

Trying to source sensors, I looked in the places I had purchased them decades ago (Newark, DigiKey, Allied) and was dismayed at the availability and prices. In my original RV-3 I had used the solid state MPX-5999 with barb from NXP USA.

A Google search finally lead me to a posting which led me to Aircraft Spruce and a "Swift" pressure sensor. That led me to eBay where there now is a wide selection of 5V (amplified) solid state sensors with 1/8-27NPT housings.

These solid state sensors have (amplified) output voltages from 0.5 to 4.5 volts with a 5 volt supply (they even come in 12V (10-25V) supply version for a bit more).
Yes, your engine monitor has to subtract (offset) the bottom by 0.5 volts (0 psi = 0.5 volts).

http://www.zenith.aero/forum/topics/swift-solid-state-oil-pressure-sensor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pressure-transducer-or-sender-Stainless-Steel-for-oil-fuel-air-water-Multichoice/272759060859?hash=item3f81b4f97b:m:mTKFrDgAsPLl-bZmKbUTKgQ

When searching note that oil pressure switches are often called sensors too.

Finn