From: Matt Boiteau mattboiteau@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Update on Glasair Cooling in Phase #1
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 20:57:00 -0500
To: David COOK hoursaway1@comcast.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
237F oil is hot with that being your inlet temperature. Like you said, need to increase the inlet duct size to 4". I tried getting away with a 2.5" inlet (even 3D printed molds to get the right bell shapes, etc), but quickly found out that didn't work and went with 4".

My oil rad is only ~200sq" though compared to your ~250sq". I'll need to upgrade when summer comes back, but so far on climb I'll get 215F inlet / 235F oil pan, and leveling off at 2000rpm prop will drop down to 190F inlet / 205F oil pan. Have custom oil pan that holds gallons.

- Matt Boiteau